12826847

My company has been bad mouthed by a facebook user on a

Customer Question

hi my company has been bad mouthed by a facebook user on a public group. they have not told the full truth is there anything we can do. regards stacy
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

What did they say that was untrue?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
they brought live sea worms from us. the person had not kept them in a coolbox just in a very hot car on a hot day and then used them 3 hrs late saying they no good. they had not called us as we have had no calls from customers complaining. i also have cctv of the customer picking the bait up and they watching the staff preparing his order. he could see the condition they were in which was fine.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i had contacted him in which he told me the time scale from picking up to when being used
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Was he warned that he needed to keep them in a coolbox?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
most fisherman know that live bait will not last long in the heat. as for that question i dont know as i was not there
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

If the allegation is untrue or misleading then that is a defamation.

You could ask him to remove it upon threat of being sued.

The fact that it is not untrue is not a bar really as it is clearly misleading.

Whether or not you would actually want to bring a claim is another matter though. It is quite expensive to sue and he will probably be impecunious.

However, a formal letter threatening action is often sufficient to bring an end to any problems.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi thank you for that it was what i thought could do. i will see how things go as had a lot of my customers see the post. all the best Stacy
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/