bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

The council LB harrow said i owed them council tax they made

Customer Question

the council LB harrow said i owed them council tax they made an arrangement for me to pay when I paid they then told me i owe another 13.oo pounds despite they letter telling me that the payment i made would bring my accounts up to date .
I got all my bank payments from 2012 to present i found i over paid .
The second issue is that when i was not working I tried to claim council tax and they refused me . they said the pay i earnt whilst I was working did not qualify me for council tax , they have done this before and the judge told them they could not do this but they continue to do so .
They have tried to bankrupt me twice with no success as I was on benefits , what do I do ?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Take out an action as a small claim in the County Court for recovery of overpaid council tax. Complain to you local council member and also to your MP, not to mention the Local Authority Ombudsman. That should help put this council back in its box.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.