How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am a man currently going through a divorce. My wife has

Customer Question

I am a man currently going through a divorce. My wife has been diagnosed with ptsd depression severe anxiety and Ankylosing spondylitis and does not work.I have 3 children 14 12 and 6. The 2 oldest want to live with me my youngest is only 6 so he’s not capable of making a decision. Any advice please regards mark
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 9 months ago.

Hello Mark

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

Please may I ask:

- what stage are you up to with divorce?

- has an order been applied for yet in relation to the matrimonial finances? Have mediation been attempted?

- is the position regarding your children living with you agreed?

- what are the assets and income for both of you?

Kind regards


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No mediation attempted she wants full custody but kids don’t want to stay with her. If we sell the house we will have £140000each 50/50i warm £28000 per year she is on benefits. The kids can’t possibly stay with her due to her health issues regards Mark