Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We lost a county court claim against us recently. The judge

Customer Question

We lost a county court claim against us recently. The judge order us to settle the amount which we are trying to do. However the claimants solicitors and the debt collection agency are unable to received our payment until the amount of the judgement is entered in their files. I am concerned that if they prevent settlement within 28 days the CCJ will stay on our credit files. What recourse do we have?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Do you have in writing to have attempted to settle and they have refused?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No Jamie, only via a phone conversation
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Get it in writing.

Say you want to pay in writing.
Then you have it you have attempted to settle.

So if it does go over the month you can show you attempted to pay and the other side refused.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
OK I write to them and if any further help required I'll come back to you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Great. Can I help with anything else today?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
That's all for now thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Ok. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, so the site credits me for time spent. Thanks!

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.