12826847

My partner died on 2nd April 2018. He was a father to 2 boys

Customer Question

Hello. My name is***** My partner died on 2nd April 2018. He was a father to 2 boys 15 and 17 whose mother died 5 years ago. I am in the house with the boys as their guardian and have just been told by Housing officers that we will be given a notice to quit as they are only entitled to a 2 bed property, ours is three. I was not registered at my partners address so basically I am expected to pay the bills and look after them ( no problem) but can't count as a tenant myself. They are complete opposites and it will be impossible for them to share a room, which the housing officers agree with me. So I will end up sleeping on the sofa with no privacy. Basically if I contest the eviction I need to know if I have a good chance. Mainly because the housing officers are looking for the nicest 2 bed possible for us but I know if I lose at court their hands will be tied and we could get put anywhere.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 2 months ago.

Hello for clarification - how long have the boys lived in this property?

where did they live when the parents were together?

why didnt you get registered on the tenancy?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi. The boys have been here approx 7 yrs. . Their mum got the house due to cancer diagnosis so when she died my partneer Matt had to restart the tenancy. He was claiming tax credits so i couldnt move in more than 4 nights officially. My sister is ill so i looked after her also so stayed at hers as well. We had planned for me to move in officially last year but my sister went into critical care for 8 wks and required my help after so we delayed it.

Thank you. Now I see the extra information, I don’t think this is within my sphere of expertise and knowledge and therefore, I’m going to opt out for another expert. It’s now open to all experts. Kind regards

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please cancel my request and refund thank you