12826847

My son in law was arrested 31st May for suspicion of

Customer Question

My son in law was arrested 31st May for suspicion of possession of an indecent image of a child and distributing an indecent image of a child in October 2016. He was taken from the family home at 7.30am. Questioned at police station and released later that date without charge but still under investigation. As my daughters and her husband have 2 boys 8yrs and 6yrs Social
Services are involved. My son in law is not allowed contact of any sort with his sons which is tearing the family apart. I am now living with my daughter and 2 boys as I have to be with her every time the boys are with her. How long can they keep the family apart?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Is this social services or the police?

Who says he cannot live there?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Social services. The police have seized all lap tops, phones, memory sticks from family home for investigation which we have been told will take at least 6 months.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Social services can do that I'm afraid.

Effectively they do not remove him from the house but their leverage is that they will remove the children if he does not.

There are restrictions upon the length of time he can be kept upon police bail though but that is not the issue here.

I'm very sorry but that is the reality. Social services are not bound by the restrictions.