F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

How do apply for an order of sale against a propertyy I have

Customer Question

How do apply for an order of sale against a propertyy I have a charging order on?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 4 months ago.

Can you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a high court judgement against a private individual for just over 10k, I also have an interim charging order against a property he is building for himself but not living in we have sent bailiffs and tried a third party debt order but he doesnt respond. need to try and force him to sell the property is worth between .8 & 1 mill. with no mortgage or charges other than mine.

You make what is called a Civil Procedure Rules Part 8 application using this form https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n208-claim-form-cpr-part-8

and along with the supporting witness statement in this format https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/standard-directions/general/witness-statements

the application is made under s14 of the Trust of Land Appointment of Trustees Act.

I can tell you now, that although there is no legal reason why you cannot do it yourself, unless you have experience of this, you might want to instruct solicitors to deal with it for you it’s not a job for the fainthearted and in fact, many solicitors will make the application for you either so you may need to shop around a bit.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen. It’s important you use the rating service because that gives me credit. It doesn’t just give me a pat on the head! (Although there is an incentive scheme where the more five-star ratings I get, I do actually get a pat on the head! :-)) All you need to do is press Submit. Thank you.

If you still need any point clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

FES.