Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I own a Hairdressing business in Belfast N.Ireland and keep

Customer Question

I own a Hairdressing business in Belfast N.Ireland and keep manual records of our clients personal details. Recently a member of staff left us but before leaving accessed these records and is now using this information to pass on to another Hairdresser. Would this be classed as an illegal action.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist. This is potentially (i) theft at worst (ii) breach of confidentiality and (iii) potentially a breach of data protection GDPR. Have you had any complaints from clients? Are the records kept securely?