12826847

My son has had his DVLA licence withdrawn because during a

Customer Question

My son has had his DVLA licence withdrawn because during a recent medical for an extended licence (so that he can be an ambulance driver) he revealed that for a period last year, until January 18th when he stopped, he had misused alcohol. He was unaware that in revealing this he would be jeopardisng his existing license and indeed his chance of working with WY ambulance service - he was just being honest. The 6 months required will be up on July 18th and his blood work at the GP supports no recent alcohol use. We would like to appeal the DVLA decision in local magistrates court.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

how can I help with this ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would like someone to appeal loss of his license in magistrates court.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Based on the information I have provided can we do this?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

When was it withdrawn?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
letter received yesterday
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we should apply to have DVLA review decision first based on blood work returned after medical supporting his account and demonstrating that he is not potential risk?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Yes, you do need to use their internal reviews.

Thereafter though, you could appeal to the mags court. You are essentially asking the Bench to find he is not a risk to the public though so you will need some medical evidence to rebut theirs.

More than one blood test would be useful. One alone just means there wasn't a hit at that time.