How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I wish to obtain a CCJ to require my council to release a

Customer Question

I wish to obtain a CCJ to require my council to release a document to me. I am an elected member of the council and the 1972 local govt. act section 100f states that I have a right to see it. the council are refusing.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 9 months ago.

Hello for clarification - what is the document? and what is the problem you are referring to with the Council?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We deferred a decision on a planning application to obtain legal advice on which procedure to use. I asked to see the advice to help me make my decision. The councilmonitoring Officer refused
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would like an answer , if you are unable or unwilling then I will cancel the transaction
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have had no response,therefore I wish you to refund my deposit of £56:00 forthwith