How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I've been separated from from husband since 2010,we have

Customer Question

Hi, I've been separated from from husband since 2010,we have never divorced. We have a house in both names but I moved out, can I force him to sell the house. I don't earn loads and am worried about court costs. He has recently been told he has 2yrs to live due to enlarged heart. If he doesn't want to sell what will happen?? We don't have any contact at all.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 9 months ago.


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I am sorry to hear about the current situation.

Please may I ask:

- is divorce now contemplated?

- how long were you married?

- do you know if you were joint tenants on the property? Did you ever receive any notice from your husband severing this?

- what were the other assets for both of you including pensions?

- does he have a will?

- does he have a new partner who lives with him?

- any children together ?

Kind regards


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want a divorce yes. Married about 9yrs together for 13yrs. The mortgage is in both names. We both have pensions. Yes I think he has a will. I believe he has a new partner and he lives with her and his friend lives in our house. No children together but he has a child from a previous marriage.