12826847

My mother passed away last year. There are two siblings and

Customer Question

My mother passed away last year. There are two siblings and myself the will has stated we all have a third in the property. However my brother has the final say and house cannot be sold until my brother says so or passes away. I am fine with this but my sister thinks otherwise. Apparently she thinks I owe her rent as have lived I. The house with my brother and mothe since 2006
Expert:  F E Smith replied 14 days ago.

Hello for clarification - and it states it in the Will re your brothers tenancy of the house is this correct?

does your sister want her share of the property?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
bit can't till brother dies or says for sale
Expert:  F E Smith replied 12 days ago.

I think what you are saying is that the will says that your brother can live in the house as long as he wishes and it will only be sold if he says so or he no longer lives in the property or dies.

I need some more information please. Who lives in the property now and who has done previously?

May I see a copy of the will please? If not, I need the wording of the section related specifically to the house.