12826847

I've been involved as a director of a company for a year and

Customer Question

I've been involved as a director of a company for a year and a half.
It is run very poorly and has had no business to pay a wage however the two other directors who have other jobs have continued to delegate jobs to me and complaining when they are not done.Because I have challenged them over this I have been given a vote of no confidence and they are trying to force me to resign as a director and also give up my 20% shares of the company.they have said I have failed to uphold the duties I was asked to do however
I have folders full of documents and work I have done over the year.If anything I have been denied access to companies accounts not had any share of expenses paid to me for stock samples or for postage which I have paid out.I believe them to be in Breach of the Company act 2006 and also I have never been allocated with a share of duty agreement or job description by the managing director.Please could you give me some guidance on this matter as I am not resigning or relinquishing my Shares as the accusations are false.The company is also on the verge of it's first very lucrative order and I believe they want to force me out before it comes into play.I have documented all emails and texts showing the requests and my requests being ignored and also the aggressive text stating as far as they are concerned "I will accept their proposal"The relationship has broken down but I am concerned of loss of earnings through the potential deal that I have been involved in.kind regardsDarren Hoile
Expert:  Alex J. replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Do you have a shareholders agreement? Were you removed as a director by Shareholder resolution? Are the expenses recorded as a debt in the company books? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’ve attacthed the shareholders agreement, I have refused to sign a resignation form and they have no grounds to back their accusations up.The managing director will not give me access to the accounts even though I have requested multiple times.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 16 days ago.
Thank you. This is just a Confirmation statement - you own 20% of the voting shares. In theory an ordinary resolution could remove you as a director (50% voting in favour) - however you cannot be forced to sell your shares. Practically speaking can you actually remain in the company - would it work to just get a fair payout for your shares? Does the company have any assets? Kind regards AJ