12826847

I am looking for advice on a clause in a contract. The

Customer Question

I am looking for advice on a clause in a contract. The contract is between an event agency and a venue. It's a specific clause regarding selling space to out competitors and i need help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We are an event management agency who manage Pharmaceutical conferences for our clients. We have an event being held at the Hilton Rome Airport on 18-20 June. The contract stipulates that they cannot take another Pharma client without our consent (see attached clause). They have however taken a booking from our clients competitor without giving us written consent or even advising us. We need advice asap.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What have they said regarding the additional booking they have accepted?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All verbal communication so far and they are avoiding giving us details . At the end of last week we asked if any other groups were booked in the space next to our group and they said a third party agency had confirmed a booking but did not advise it was a Pharma client. Only when we asked the question and pushed for information did they disclose it was Merck which is Roche (our clients) competitor. They are still avoiding providing details but we feel they are in breach of contract? Are we correct?

OK thank you for your response and for the phone call request. I am not available to talk at this present time but leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

What is it you want to achieve please?