12826847

My husband had me arrested under threat to kill last

Customer Question

Hi my husband had me arrested under threat to kill last September but released under investigation. Now he has reported harassment and called in for interview next week
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: East London
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean
Assistant: What confuses you?
Customer: Well he has given video evidence and many texts msgs
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I married him abroad and bought him into the uk Only last year. He reported domestic violence and had me arrested so he could get his indefinite leave to remain in uk
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well my interview on Tuesday so I need to know by Monday
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi well I am going through the threat to kill allegation my husband has made against me still awaiting for Police to decide whether they will charge me or me not and now he has made further allegations of harassment which Police want to interview me tomorrow about
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did text my husband cause I wanted to work things out but I made no threats or nothing like that. And I passed where he was staying and co incidentally he saw me.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am muslim and we discourage divorce so I just wanted to make my marriage work that’s all. This allegation he made was purely to get his indefinite leave to remain quickly through domestic violence route.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Ok. So what is your question about this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Now my question is tomorrow they will have evidence of me contacting him against the fact I was told not to when I was released under investigation. Will I be arrested tomorrow I have never committed any crime in my life not even a parking ticket. I am disabled and lone parent of three.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

They probably will arrest you if you have been invited in for interview. It is possible that they will deal with you volunteer for that really doesn't change very much about your experience at the police station.

If you have been making contact with him in breach of a harassment warning then they probably would be considering prosecuting for harassment. It is possible that they could offer a caution instead. If your primary question is whether you have a defence though then, on the face of it, you do not.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have not had no harassment warning
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nine months ago was released on investigation that’s it
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What is the likely chance of me being charged on this allegation
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My husband is under mental health at the moment. As I have heard.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hence I wanted to get back with him cause I love him and could not hold back hearing his suffering alone
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will the police not look at this harassment allegation if I explained why I did it under compassionate grounds
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am legally still his wife
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Not particularly. This is just not really mitigating. This is just failing to accept that that he wants a separation.

On the face of it, I would have expected a charge here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What will happen if they charge me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

They will send it to court.

I would expect a fine or a low level community order.

They will make a restraining order preventing further contact.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also he sent someone to befriend me and I spoke to this person out of anger and said somethings which I shouldn’t have which was recorded. And given to my husband.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I vaguely recall saying something along the lines of if my husband sends me down my brothers will take him down too.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But I was scared and angry
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Oh yes, that is a threat.

That is going to increase the sentence although only to a community order.

I am sorry but I cannot tell you that this is not an offence.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What is a community order
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But is it not an offence to plan and plot
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But in this recording the guy also says things to provoke me to speak in anger
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Recording without my consent
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Without my knowledge
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Than passing it to my husband so is my husband not commuting no crime
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
To make his case stronger
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Whilst I am human and a wife whose innocently being accused and I speak out of anger cause the man I love is putting me through all this is unbelievable to me and I am labelled a criminal
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

It is an offence to plan and plot.

And anyway, this isn't a plan and a harassment.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He came into this country 1 year ago and using the system for his visa and the legal system backs him whilst I have been here all my life never had a crimanl record now the juctice system feels I am guilty cause he keeps recording I don’t
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Normal people live lives don’t work around recording every argument husband wives have as it’s not normal unless it’s planned to be used for a purpose
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Justice system cannot be that blind
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

No, normal people don't.

However, normal people don't call the police.

There is no defence in commenting upon what normal people do. Normal people live normal lives and sort out their relationship squabbles.

Abnormal people summons up the police at public expense.

That is no defence.

Delighted to continue with this but please rate my answer.