31090051

I put my car into Stratstone BMW 6 months ago because it had

Customer Question

I put my car into Stratstone BMW 6 months ago because it had an electrical fault. There was no central locking. The car wouldn't start and there was no power to the interior lights etc. When I opened the fuse box and poked it, the power would come back on. So there was obviously a loose connection. BMW charged me £224 for removing and inspecting the fuse box but they said they found no fault. Now 6 months later I've received a letter saying my car is being recalled because of a fault with the power lead to the fuse box. The recall states that symptoms are the engine not starting and no central locking. Legally, how much right to my money back do I have? The car obviously has this problem, hence the recall, and the recall had been done in other countries for the same model. Stratstone clearly knew about this fault, but they are arguing that my car didn't have this fault when they inspected it 6 months ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for your question. The car clearly did have this problem or you would not have put it into the dealer. It is fairly obvious that they just didn’t find the fault. For that reason you are certainly on strong grounds to demand your money back. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
BMW are saying that there was nothing wrong with the part when they stripped it down. But I just have their word for it. Is there anything I can say or do to add weight to my argument ?
Expert:  JGM replied 6 months ago.

Between the recall and you being able to make the power come on when you poked the fuse box it’s clear they didn’t do the right repair or didn’t do one at all.