31090051

I run a Private Hire (posh taxi) business and have a

Customer Question

Hi I run a Private Hire (posh taxi) business and have a customer who owes money for services provided. This has been outstanding for some time but she says she is not contractually liable because her husband booked the car for her. She has an account with us, in her own name, and we took her as requested. Can you help please.
Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for your question. If the hire was made on her account then the fact that her husband booked the taxi is irrelevant. He was acting as her agent. You should write to he on that basis and if she doesn’t pay you suspend her account and decide whether you want to sue her for the amount owing. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.