Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We have just rented a brand new house. In tenancy agreement

Customer Question

We have just rented a brand new house. In tenancy agreement landlord agreed to supply blinds. 'Prior the commencement of the tenancy landlord agrees to provide blinds throughout the property. However after receiving quote for the blinds landlord agrees to provide and organise all the work but we have to pay, in other words he is not paying for blinds as it is too expensive for him.
What is more after the tenancy is over we will be liable to pay for repair of screw holes in the wall after blinders are removed as this was agreed in the contract.
Please advice how we can solve this?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How long it will take?
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. Unfortunately JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time, however most questions are answered in a timely manner. Response times can be affected by the number of Experts online, the difficulty level of questions, question price, or other factors.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

I assume it was in the contract when you signed it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it was
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In landlord words he agrees only to provide, but not to pay
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He is a developer- service provider so he basically says i will provide service but you have to pay as it is your wish and it is too expensive for me, he can not give service for free

Ok - what is it you want to achieve?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My question is he liable for the payment, or is he right by saying that he is not

Yes, he is liable. You are not.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. As I have received letter from his solicitor saying that there is no breach in the contract as basically there is no clause saying about payment and provide doesn’t mean pay, he will provide only if paid, so how can I respond to that please???

Their Solicitor is trying it on.

He is in breach of contract. He has not delivered what has been promised.

You can sue for loss and damage.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We don’t have any loss, the loss would be if we have to pay for the blonds, but in contract we also agreed that we cannot amend design without their permission, so if we pay for blinds and put them, they will sue us for damaging the property and they have our deposit, how we can solve this??

Yes exactly, that is your loss.

If they refuse to give your deposit back you can sue for it back.

They represented blinds. They lied.
You can sue under the Misrepresentation Act 1967

Does that assist?

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.