F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

Can I removed published result of a case against me from the

Customer Question

Can I removed published result of a case against me from the internet from 2013. It was a matter about soliciting another for prostitution. What are my rights ?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 2 months ago.

Hello for clarification - where is it on the internet?

were you charged?

all relevant info please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was in Google first page. Published by www.coventrytelegraph.net. The matter was due to a toxic relationship with my Ex-partner who delayed my attendance to court and got the Judge anger. The judge was not interested in my defence after late appearance and found my guilty. It was on the 22nd of April 2013. It's over five years and yet published by the telegraph. What can I do?

Yes, legally, you have the “right to be forgotten”.

There is recent case law to help you which was in court as recently as April this year and here it is. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/13/google-loses-right-to-be-forgotten-case

I can obviously only help you with the law element, I wouldn’t have a close of how to get through the labyrinth of Google hierarchy but that’s obviously a different question for a different forum.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen. It’s important you use the rating service because that gives me credit. It doesn’t just give me a pat on the head! (Although there is an incentive scheme where the more five-star ratings I get, I do actually get a pat on the head! :-)) All you need to do is press Submit. Thank you.

If you still need any point clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

FES.