F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I have an Italian company who has changed its domiciled

Customer Question

I have an Italian company who has changed its domiciled address to the UK by an Italian solicitor.How can we now get this Italian company to be transferred to the UK as a UK company?Thanks
Faroque
Expert:  F E Smith replied 14 days ago.

Hello for clarification - what is the business please and when did he do this?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The business is in import and export of leather goods. The Italian solicitor changed the domiciled address to the uk on the 29.01.18.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 14 days ago.

You need to register the company as a new company in England and Wales (only one registration) . It’s not a case of transferring the Italian address to a UK address.

The process is here: https://www.gov.uk/limited-company-formation/register-your-company

it is not expensive.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen. It’s important you use the rating service because that gives me credit. It doesn’t just give me a pat on the head! (Although there is an incentive scheme where the more five-star ratings I get, I do actually get a pat on the head! :-)) All you need to do is press Submit. Thank you.

If you still need any point clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

FES.