Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Last night i was thrown off an easyjet flight as the airline

Customer Question

last night i was thrown off an easyjet flight as the airline issued the same boarding document to two people of the same name.
what damages could I expect:-- hotel costs
- lost day of work
- ground staff lying about the doumenation
- being accused of printing off a fellow passengers boarding documentation at home.
- incorrectly calling the police and asking for my removal
- humiliation of being frog marched by three policemen off the plane. [it could have been a Fawlty Towers sketch]this morning Easyjet apologised and said there had been an error and paid for the replacement flight!!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

You can argue that you were denied boarding and as a result can seek compensation under the Flight Compensation Regulation 261/2004, which awards a maximum of up to £600 per passenger for violation of these rights. This is in addition to any direct costs you have incurred, such as the hotel expenses and loss of work. The other things you listed will not be directly compensated by law and to some extent will be covered by the initial compensation mentioned above. Anything else, is down to the airline and will be offered as a goodwill gesture for the issues you experienced, however it will not form part of any specific order by the courts, should it get that far. You can of course ask the airline to include further compensation for these but if they refuse, stick to what you can legally claim for, that being directly incurred costs and compensation as listed above.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? Do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the response to your query? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks