31090051

We bought a property two years ago and after moving in we

Customer Question

Hi ,we bought a property two years ago and after moving in we found out that there was Japanese knotweed on the property,when we went back to the seller they told us that they didn’t know about it and they sold the property on behalf of a deceased relative.
We have spent a lot of money so far to treat the JK and it is a continuous treatment more money spending ,is the anything we can do about this legally ?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I’m afraid if this wasn’t known by the seller you have no recourse there. Was the Japanese Knotweed apparent when you bought the property. If it was you may have justification in asking the surveyor why it was missed. That is the only possible recourse you might have. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.