12826847

Is a conditional caution 'spent' before 3 months if it is

Customer Question

Is a conditional caution 'spent' before 3 months if it is registered as 'complete'? Or will the rehabilitation period always be 3 months?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

A police caution is spent immediately.

It is upon issue.

Obviously spent convictions can still show on DBS sometimes but not often.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks - I thought a conditional caution is not spent until the 3 months is up? What I mean is, I have complied with the conditions and these are seen as ‘complete’, but I need to know whether this means it is legally ‘spent’?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Oh I see what you mean.

So the caution was administered and you were given three months to comply?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was given 3 months to comply - I have now complied with everything and the police have confirmation of this. I’m just interested in whether I still have to wait for the 3 months to be complete in order for the condition to be seen as legally ‘spent’? Particularly if asked by a potential employer.Many thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

In that case it is spent three months from the date of issue - the condition period.

You were right.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks for your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/