12826847

My son is a 26 year old man on the autistic spectrum. He

Customer Question

My son Samuel is a 26 year old man on the autistic spectrum. He currently works for B & Q as a customer advisor. He recently felt pressurised into using his staff discount card to get a neighbour some flooring whilst myself and my husband were away on holiday. The card is for his and family use. Samuel paid for the transaction in cash and thought no more of it, he then had a weeks holiday. On his return to work today he was called to attend a first steps disciplinary hearing. Unbeknownst to Samuel our neighbour returned 3 packs of flooring for a refund and when asked for a receipt could not produce one. Samuel was informed that the neighbour became somewhat aggressive and informed staff that he wanted a full refund, the staff informed the neighbour that they needed to check that he had not received any discount to which he replied he had not. The manager was called and CCTV was checked. The neighbour was then informed that the situation had become a matter for an internal enquiry. Samuel has been accused of colluding to commit fraud. He is so distressed and frightened. He told a lie and said the flooring was for our house andthe neighbour was helping him.The deputy manager has said he wants a photograph of the laid flooring at our address by the end of today! Samuels stress levels are now through the roof, he has had dealings with this particular deputy manager in the past, none of them good. He is due to go into work again tomorrow, obviously he doesn't have a photo to send and he is far to distressed and vulnerable to continue any meeting tomorrow. What advice can you give us?
Thank You *****
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long has he worked there for?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
16 months
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
16 months.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He has worked for them for 16 months.

Have they said it could result in dismissal?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Unsure, I would imagine that is quite probable.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is this going to take this long for a reply each time? We'll be here until tomorrow.