How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11116
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

My son has received a court summons for parking behind the

This answer was rated:

My son has received a court summons for parking behind the Frimley Parade shops car park He says he didnt see any signs saying he had to pay on a Sunday (about 1pm)
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We have often received threatening letters from this company which owns the car park and just ignored them as I have always understoood its private land and not a council car park. We are located in Frimley, Surrey
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We have a claim form from County Court Business centre
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: They are claiming for £246.91 plus £25 court fee plus legal representative fee of £50. The original "fine" was £80

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

When you say summons, you mean county court claim?
Did he ever get any paperwork?

Jamie-Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sure thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you offer some advice as to what to do about this claim form?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi - are you still working on the issue?

I will call shortly, may show as withheld