How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16645
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I was miss sold a air source heat pump boiler we were told

This answer was rated:

I was miss sold a air source heat pump boiler we were told by the salesman that all fossal fuel boilers were would have to be changed for air source heat pumps in the next 2/3 years as they run on air only and he kept making the point that air was free and apart from the cost it would cost very little to run or save on our gas bills as boiler ran on free air we found out after this only did the heating and not do the hot water this still ran off gas which totally wasted our money changing the boiler as instead of saving us money it has cost us over
£12000. 00 and much higher electric bills
We were we were constantly told that the boiler ran off air and air was free but was not told the truth would you please advise me of my rights and what I can do
Thank you
***** *****

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

When was it installed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
July 17
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks

What is the extra cost to you, or your loss?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a pensioner and can not afford at the moment

What is your total loss that you want to claim?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Total cost 12495.00 plus interest from Sainsbury bank loans as we pay £139 per month

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

You may wish to claim just £10 k to keep it a small claim. If not you will need representation to draft pleadings and present your case in court.

A public access barrister can do this which you can find at

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 star sevice