12826847

I'm in a deadlock situation with talk talk over a £436.25

Customer Question

I'm in a deadlock situation with talk talk over a £436.25 usage charges. This was when I was at my daughters using her wifi facility.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

What do you specifically want to know about this please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Talk talk say I've used 13gigabites outside of my allowance over two days after which my account was suspended I've looked at what a bundle would have cost and it would be £40 and not the £436 they want to charge
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I first received a text message on the 21/4 stating I had hit my usage limit and my account had been suspended and to make a payment and reactivate go to their web site but I don't do that as I've never been able to access my account. Instead I bought an o2 pay as you go sim and then changed my service provider. 4weeks later £436.25 was debited from my bank. I only earn £250 so I can't afford to pay the amount talk talk want if fact it was my mortgage money. Santander got me my money back the week after when all I was getting from talk talk was the run around. I was then contacted by graham Wilson he explained I had used 12.8 GB of data outside of the 2 GB in my plan I explained that I was at my daughters using her wifi watching tv as white noise as I tried to sleep. My phone must have lost its signal. I am 66 years old and not savvy with modern technology so this is an honest mistake. In negotiations with me Wilson got the price down to £216 but I said this was still to much for what I was doing I said it was worth about £55 which is what I'd have paid for a bundle.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 days ago.

I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Looks like you can't assist me so please refund me any monies taken. Thanks