chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have been left some substantial amount of money from my

Good morning.
I have been left some substantial amount of money from my Aunty in Scotland. This Moines is shared between six of us. My aunty owned nursing homes and property. Do you think I should have a solicitor act for me, to look after my finances?
Tracey
Hi Tracey,Thank you for your question.Why would you think you require a solicitor to manage the monies for you?
Are the monies in a Trust?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It us a large amount of money involved,
Hi Tracey,You do not necessarily require a solicitor unless the funds are protected or restricted in some way.You may wish to consider either an Accountant or financial advisor to provide you guidance on how to manage the funds to receive the best possible gains.Once you have done this, at this stage you may wish to instruct a solicitor.You should ensure that you get a clear indication of fees before any instruction is put in place.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Many thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, sorry had to go to work.
What is involved is property and business is nursing homes, I was wondering if they can sell the business fast for a lower price, or can I have a say n the matter, as I assume this will take time and some members of the family want to rush it through.
Tracwy
Hi Tracey,They would be able to sell for a lower price but only if all you beneficiaries agree.I would suggest speaking with a local solicitor to get an indication of costs.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Many thanks

Would you like any further assistance with this? If not, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.