12826847

I have a massive problem with helicopters and military jets

Customer Question

I have a massive problem with helicopters and military jets flying over my house. We live in the middle of no where and moved here because of the peace and quiet. Since we have moved the noise has got to the stage where it is unbearable - military jets flying over us and our village, round and round in circles, 3 - 5 days every week and oil and gas rig helicopters flying over us every day at 6.50am until sometimes 10pm, between 5 - 30 of them a day every day 7 days a week. I have tried talking to them for the last 3 years, the MOD for their jets and Norwich airport and the CEO's of the helicopter companies; I have all but been fobbed off, the classic phrase being 'we take our responsibility to the general public very seriously' The noise is getting to the stage where I am becoming desperate and wanting to leave our family home in North Norfolk, it is causing a great deal of unrest and sadness in our household- please let me know there is something I can do about this. Thanks for your time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

I'm really sorry and I know you won't like the answer but the MOD are allowed to do this.

Ultimately they have to train somewhere. Most of the bases are in remote locations by definition.

I do understand but they have to weigh against your right to quiet enjoyment of your property with the defence of the nation.

I'm very sorry but unless there is evidence they are deliberately harassing you there is no action that can be taken as a result of that.

Lincolnshire is far worse as the RAF are largely based there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If you have any resolution to this please can you type rather than call - I can't continue to keep paying extra - thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What about the oil and gas helicopters?