Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have received A COUNTY COURT SUMMONS for a parking fine,

Customer Question

I have received A COUNTY COURT SUMMONS for a parking fine, but it has all been sent to a previous address and it just got forwarded this week. Didn't get any previous letters either. Summons is dated 5 July, so 14 days already passed. Should I now: fill the form to
Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: 1, Acknowledge Service, but point out it was sent to wrong address.
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I would be happy to pay the Parking fine of £100 but now there is £150 of Court Fees added to that which I object to, considering it has all been sent to previous address.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: When you say - do I need to appear in Court - what do you mean ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Was it from Moneyclaim online?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am planning to complete A of S pointing out that it was sent to wrong address.
Offer £120 in full and final settlement but defend rest of Claim on basis that Summons and all previous correspondence was sent to wrong address. Can I require summons hearing to be moved to my Local County Court in London rather than Court in Northampton referred to on summons ? Do I do this by disputing Court's jurisdiction ? ThanksRichard

did they know you have moved address?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No

Ok, Northampton is the central processing court. It will automatically be transferred to your local court.

But yes, file an acknowledgment. But if they have a CCJ then you would need to apply to set aside.

But file the acknowledgment, that stops this clock.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.