Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Commercial tenant been renting a room in a practice building

Commercial tenant been renting a room in a practice building for the passed 41 years, I bought into the business and building in 2007. I am unsure how the solicitor I instructed completed the sale without obtaining a written contract. The tenant got arrears for 3 months from 2017 and 3 months from this year. Am I able by the low to force him to pay the arrears, despite there is no written contract. I look forward to hearing from you.regards

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

How much is owing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
163;1300

You need to write and set out your losses and request a full payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.