12826847

Our son has been out of work for 8months,he has only 1

Customer Question

Our son has been out of work for 8months,he has only 1 kidney and only half of kidney is working,he is in hospital in London and have got to have major surgery on 16th Aug.he ha spoken to social services because he is only getting £71 a week.he is on half pay from addenbrookes where he works,his rent is£750per month,he can't walk 20 minutes as he have to empty water bag to clear everything from his kidney.
Assistant: Where is your son? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hospital in warren street
Assistant: What steps has your son taken so far?
Customer: Checked social services in Norfolk,they ask him to go to Norwich,but as he cant walk or empty on train,he ask them to come to him and they told him they can't do that
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No but spina bifida
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Is he claiming disability benefits at all.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Our sons name is ***** ***** he is 58 he lives in a flat*****they ford.he is in uch hospital at west moorland street London,last day he worked was27nov2017,he is on half pay from addenbrookes and gets £71 a week benefits,which he have to pay for tubes ,medication and pills?plus train fares to the specialist hospital.plus he is having to make a lot of phone calls trying to get help.the worry we got is the major operation on 16aug,with just half a kidney and nobody helping him.look forward to your reply.thank you.

Ok, are you asking what Else, if anything, he can claim?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We are trying to see what he is entitled to.we will not be paying £43 for a phone call.

You should try this:

https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators