,
97337639
is online now

I have put in a claim to Autoprotect on 24/04/2018. They

Customer Question

I have put in a claim to Autoprotect on 24/04/2018. They accepted the claim and agreed to pay for a replacement tyre and to replace three damaged alloy wheels. Despite promises to pay and receiving one cheque that was for the incorrect amount they continue to fail to perform.I am of the opinion that they are now in bridge of contract as they are unable to perform within a reasonable amount of time. Am I correct with this assumption? If so I further understand that I can claim for the full value of the contract.
Expert:  Jim1079 replied 13 days ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

Yes, you can sue for breach of contract and would need to send them a formal letter of claim first of all to outline the allegations and the sum you are due.

You give them 14 days to respond and to reimburse you - after that you are free to issue a small claim. You would need to register your details at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Once the 14 days passes you simply log on and complete the claim details, then pay the issue fee. Autoprotect would then be served with the court papers. They have the opportunity to accept the whole or part of the claim or defend it. The matter would be dealt with on paper by a civil judge assuming the claim is worth under £10,000.

If you succeed in the claim you would recover the initial sum claimed plus county court interest and the court issue fee.

If you would like help with the letter or the claim, please let me know. It is possible you would receive a refund after they receive the letter of claim.

I would be grateful if you can accept the answer and give me a star rating I can offer unlimited follow up Q&A's at no extra cost.

Jim