chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am looking to apply for permanent residency this month

I am looking to apply for permanent residency this month then for citizenship next year. I have been unemployed and working on my own startup since July last year. I have not yet registered as self-employed/company director and have not had private health insurance since. I would like to talk to someone to understand what my options are and if I can still get PR/citizenship and how to best prepare my application.
Thanks very much,
Elena
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also I forgot to mention I have traveled quite a bit 4 months + over last year and will have to in the year coming mostly for work. Also worried about overshooting the allowed travel time outside the UK. One more detail on above too: I incorporated a company in Sep last year, and then another company in Jan this year, hope if I need payslips, pay tax, justify business travel I can do through these companies.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Nicola, yes I am okay waiting - however, then I expect to be charged less as I paid for the relatively fast service. Please confirm this is possible. Thanks
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. Please let me know how much you would like refunded and I will process that for you, however, please note that this will reduce the question price and payout available to Experts for answering satisfactorily, which may make the question less attractive to Experts to answer.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the price difference between the medium fast and slow service, £10? I am still paying for medium level of detail so I still expect a satisfactory answer! Thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi sorry I thought this online service is supposed to be fast and efficient, I would like to hear back soon please? Thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like to use a different service, this is unacceptable. I need an answer.Can you please reimburse my money so I can go use a faster service?Thanks,
Elena
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
BTW I intend to complain to customer protection. I feel cheated. The home page said a solicitor is available to answer my question in 5 minutes. This is dishonest advertising! I wouldn't have expected from a legal site...

Hi Elena,

I see you have requested a phone call. Would you still like one?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, that would probably be easier yes. When would this be?
I can do this now. I will propose one.
The site is not allowing me to offer one. Can you request one from your end?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry I don’t know how, can you just reply here in text if my question is clear please?

Hi Elena,

The health insurance should not be too much of an issue but the fact that you Have not been working or exercising treaty rights may be an issue.

Can you prove that you have been living and working in the UK, even if as a self employed. If so, you should be able to make the application.

The absences from the UK, if work related, should not be a problem provided you can pr8vide evidence that they were for work.

As your case is complex, I would suggest you have a solicitor or immigration advisor submit the application for you.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, thank you, ***** ***** Not sure how to prove I was working and living here. I had bills (phone only) throughout, and declared my own company (but haven’t started trading). Do you know if I can declare self-employed retroactively? (Ie. Declare now but for status starting from last July)

Hi Elena,

Your accountant would be the best person to answer that question.

As for proving that you have been exercising treaty rights, bills, bank statements, tenancy agreements, mortgage statements, tax credits etc all help in proving you have been exercising treaty rights.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience: LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)