13262538

I’m after some advise please.. 5.5years ago my mother passed

Customer Question

Hi, I’m after some advise please..
5.5years ago my mother passed away aged just 49.
My father was her first husband. Her husband at time of death was her 4th husband. There are NO other children. A few days before her passing she asked for a solicitor to come to the hospital to change her will.. As she knew it was incorrect and the fact that it left everything to her current husband as a mirror them to come to me af as she knew it was incorrect and the fact that it left everything to her current husband as a mirror them to come to me yet he died. Obviously she wanted to change this as she knew it was different with her dying so young.
Would I have a legal case with the fact he cancelled the appointment? He also cashed in a life policy she took out when I was born and she was married to my father
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

I am so sorry for your loss

Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Were you financially reliant on your mother at the time of her death?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I wasn’t, it’s bothering me more knowing she wasn’t happy with her will and he had her appointment cancelled
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you your quick reply
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

I am afraid the fact that he cancelled the appointment doe snot render the Will invalid - only a new Will - or tearing the old one up - would do that.

Since you were not financially reliant on her then your ability to make a claim was limited.

Again I am sorry that there is no way to resolve your concerns on this

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, so I would have no grounds to challenge him in any way? Or the fact he cashed in a life policy she took out when I was a baby before he knew her
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

No I am afraid not - he was entitled to do this