12826847

My mother passed away 2 years ago. She never left a will.

Customer Question

Hi,My mother passed away 2 years ago. She never left a will. There are 3 children. A discussion was held regarding inheritance tax on the house, and I was given a month to consider my options (I wasn’t able to pay the amount). It was never asked what my decision would be, and behind my back the house was placed into both my sisters names and not mine. Regardless of whether or not one is made a beneficiary, surely without my consent the home should never of been placed in their names without my permission? Also I’ve requested repeatedly to see all paperwork regarding my Mothers money that she left and it’s been denied. I have a legal right to see it? On top of all that I’m excluded from household decisions, and I’m put down constantly. It’s at an unbearable stage. How do I resolve this legally?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

How much was the estate worth?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
400,000
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

Have you seen the estate accounts?

Who currently lives in the property?

why has it not been sold?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I’ve never seen it. We all do. I pay monthly towards all bills in the house too. We all live in the home, so it doesn’t make sense to sell.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

Ok

Have you got a copy of the letters of Administration they obtained - you can find it here

https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. I literally have nothing. I can’t find it on here.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

Did you do the search and not find them?

Which part of the UK are you in?