12826847

Well I believe someone slandered me in a Youtube video and I

Customer Question

well I believe someone slandered me in a Youtube video and I wondered if there was anything i can do beyond reporting the video to YT
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: the person is in the UK and so am i
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have flagged the video that is reported it for being absuive to me
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think thats it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Are you saying you have already reported it ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
its only been a few hours though
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

What other action were you hoping to take?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I think what has been said is slanderous and could damage me personally, I am already receiving death threats although maybe not ones that should be taken seriously, all the same...So I don't know if there is any other action I can take, that is really my question
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Oh I see.

It depends.

What has been said?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
specifically that I am "gathering information on other peoples children" this was said in a live youtube broadcast and was followed by a call to the Police which was also recorded and broadcast, to report this supposed crime, the broadcast ended with the caller on hold waiting to be connected to the crime desk.This is the result of my making this post in an internet community I manage....(timestamps means links to videos with the time included so you don't have to watch the whole videoFlat Earthism is the belief that the Earth is actually flat (yes I am serious and so are they )Please post timestamps of any instances of children being involved/indoctrinated with flat earthism, particularly references to changes to the education system, not necessarily footage actually featuring children.and then to clarify further I posted thisAs there seems to be some confusion - the purpose of this room is to gather video references to examples of the Flat Earth meme being taught to children or Flat Earthers speaking in favour of this idea - so that I can make a video which illustrates and questions this - this room is NOT to "gather information on other peoples children"
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Sorry if I'm missing the point, but surely you have been gathering information upon children?

I realise that it isnt for a sexual purpose and it is collateral to another purpose but it is just not untrue?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
you are outlining very well the game that this person is playing they have phrased this very carefully and then coupled it with a call to the police which does a great deal more than suggest that my gathering of this information is in some way illegal, they have chosen their words very carefully so that they can strongly and deliberately imply that I am a pedophile when they know full well that that is not the case. its an obvious and deliberate distortion of the truth. IMHO
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Thanks.,

You could try to argue it is an implied false assertion but, to be wholly honest, I suspect you would struggle on the point.

It isn't illegal to gather information upon children for any reason unless, of course, you are using it as a preparatory act to commit an offence. People call the police for lots of nonsense reasons as they never would if they had to pay.

I would have thought the death threats were the real wrong in this. That would amount to an offence.

jo

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK thanks - considering people are threatening to "put a bullet through my dome" and posting on my channel that I am a pedophile, because I asked publicly for research assistance for a Youtube Video, it seems fairly safe to say that a false assertion has very much been implied, believed and acted upon. Again IMHO, which sadly in this situation is worthless.So thank you for your help.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/