13262538

I asked questions earlier this year and was advised I could

Customer Question

I asked questions earlier this year and was advised I could get grant of probate without consent of other executor the probate court disagree they want other executor to sign form of renunciation not happy with advise which cost £47 and was incorrect need urgent reply as to how to proceed
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Provided you give notice to the other executor you are in fact entitled to apply alone

The Probate Registry will ask for the Form of Renunciation - but provided you give evidence of the Notice being given it will be granted

You can read about this here

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/wills-and-probate/content/33

and here

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/wills-and-probate/content/334

Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what is required in the notice do you have a draft
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what if other executor will not sign or refuses notice,does he have to acknowledge notice or is a recorded
delivery receipt enpought for court
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can you respond please
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you reply please
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

All you have to do is prove that you wrote to the other executor and informed him of your intention.

So a simple letter send recorded delivery signed for is fine