How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35313
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I asked questions earlier this year and was advised I could

Customer Question

I asked questions earlier this year and was advised I could get grant of probate without consent of other executor the probate court disagree they want other executor to sign form of renunciation not happy with advise which cost £47 and was incorrect need urgent reply as to how to proceed
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 15 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Provided you give notice to the other executor you are in fact entitled to apply alone

The Probate Registry will ask for the Form of Renunciation - but provided you give evidence of the Notice being given it will be granted

You can read about this here

and here

Expert:  Clare replied 15 days ago.


Customer: replied 15 days ago.
what is required in the notice do you have a draft
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
what if other executor will not sign or refuses notice,does he have to acknowledge notice or is a recorded
delivery receipt enpought for court
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
can you respond please
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can you reply please
Expert:  Clare replied 13 days ago.

All you have to do is prove that you wrote to the other executor and informed him of your intention.

So a simple letter send recorded delivery signed for is fine