12826847

If I have accepted a quotation from a plumber and he does

Customer Question

If I have accepted a quotation from a plumber and he does not meet deadlines he accepted, is the contract void? I am 74 and unable to wash as he took the old bathroom out three weeks ago but has failed to meet dates he promised to refit. Also no hot water for two months as boiler left unfinished.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Exmouth Devon
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Phoned and messaged him many times
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really... I have half a bathroom and need to make him finish..His practical skills are very good but he is very disorganised about ordering and communicating
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What reason has he provided for not completing the work as of yet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No way to tell...his subcontractor thinks he failed to order the stuff in time...he does not answer queries. I took him as he had many 5* reviews, but I would not give him any! NO idea why no condensing pipe on the boiler
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Prefer to have it in writing so I can screenshot it....is he in breach of contract basically by not doing what he says and leaving me with no bathroom and no hot water?

OK no problem at all and thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Got to the bottom of this today...apparently a nervous breakdown after his wife left him with no warning and she had screwed all the order paperwork...... he is a 5* reviewed plumber and has promised to come tomorrow...now on anti depressants. Thanks anyway.

Ok do you not need any further help with this?