,
97337639
is online now

I paid £3;400 cash for a log burning stove last September it

Customer Question

I paid £3;400 cash for a log burning stove last September it turned out installation was poor they came back three times to fix then eventually I had to get a roofer at their expense to fix ,in between everytime it rained water poured in down my newly decorated wall, also rust marks appeared on the stove they came back and sprayed it didn’t work they now want to come back and respray it I am not happy I would like a new stove they have also offered me £200 towards my decoration would like your advice regards ***** *****
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Falkirk scotland
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just emails back and forward been very patient
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jim1079 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

You can sue them for the cost you have incurred and in Scotland you can do this online now in the "Simple Procedure", for claims up to £5,000.

You need to send the defendant a letter of claim first of all, however, giving them the opportunity to pay you and the usual time frames are within 14 days from the date of your letter. If you have no response after this or an inadequate response, you are free to issue the claim.

The website for the simple procedure is here:

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/simple-procedure

In your letter of claim, you can ask for a new stove and any other losses. Please let me know if you would like help with this.

If you can accept the answer and give me a star rating, I can offer unlimited follow up Q&A's at no extra charge.

Kind regards,

Jim

Expert:  Jim1079 replied 2 months ago.
Hello, if you can accept the answer and give me a star rating, JustAnswer will credit me and I can offer unlimited follow up Q&A’s at no extra chargeKind regardsJim