Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am a guarantor for a vehicle and the person who has the

I am a guarantor for a vehicle and the person who has the vehicle has :
not been paying for it claims it has been stolen or impounded. i have a case coming up where the finance company wants the vehicle and for me to pay the difference after they sell it
or
pay the whole amount.I do not know where the vehicle is and i cannot find out who it is insured with to find out if it really is stoleni have just obtained the vehicle insurance company but they cannot share the information as i am not a policy holder and I do not have the policy holders permission

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i want to know what the legal and financial implications are for me and for the person who will not return the vehicle

You would be liable for the finance

As Guarantor that is what you sign up for.

So whatever this person owes - you would.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
need to know what I can go as car is taken and I am the one paying for it

Sadly there is nothing you can do.

You are not the main party to the contract. That is between the purchaser and the dealer.

All you are doing is saying you will pay if the purchaser does not.

I am sorry but does that clarify?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is between the person who has taken the car and said its Stoke. And the company they are insured with Or do the financing company need to take action assist this person ?

Its only between the person and the dealer

The financing company wont do anything.

Does that assist?

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.