Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

My 64 tear old sister is a WASPI who has no means of

My 64 tear old sister is a WASPI who has no means of financial independence. She is presently signed off from work ( a job she has been in 38 years ) with mental health issues, seeing both a counselor and a psychiatrist. IS there any form of financial support which she can access ?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No !
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: under what jurisdiction. We are a family of 6 sisters (4 of whom will be affected by this) who have worked all our lives and have no idea where to start in this process.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My sister is unfit for work, has no form of income only statutory sick pay until December which is not sufficient to pay bills, or provide food for the table.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you please continue to find an answer
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Her entitlements to any financial help, such aa benefits, will depend on her personal circumstances so the best way to go about this is to visit something like this benefits calculator site, where she inputs all of her personal circumstances and then you will see what she may eb entitled to under the current system. It is then a matter of applying to the relevant departments that deal with the benefits in question:

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/home/start

Let me know if this helps please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your response.
Needless to say I am appalled that the government has introduced such a life changing pension scheme that is impacting on the mental health of so many women.

I understand but I can only give you the actual position as far as the current laws stand

Experience: Qualified Solicitor