Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

A year ago i was convicted of breaching an injunction. The

Customer Question

A year ago i was convicted of breaching an injunction. The actual offence is "Breach of molestation order".I pleaded guilty on the advice of duty solicitor. Judge commented that he believes i am the one first contacted her but, i have evidence to the contrary.Prosecution produced few partially deleted iMessages i sent her and judge also commented the messages were not threatening and i was given a fine of £500. Police deleted most of the messages.I live about 2 miles away from my ex girlfriend and the injunction was taken out 9 to 10 years ago. I cant even remember this injunction. There is no end date for this injunction.Is it possible to get this injuntion cancelled?If and when the injunction is overturned, i want to try and get rid of this conviction " Breach of molestation order". Because of this i lost a contract working at City Hall.I'm in the process of writing to the court and sending prrof that she contacted me first and that its not fair to have an open ended injunction.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

When were you convicted?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Begining of this year...
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

You now want to appeal your conviction?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
sorry... conviction January 2017.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

You now want to appeal your conviction?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
First, i want to remove this open ended injunction. Then remove/appeal this conviction is possible.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I dont think it is leagl to have an open ended injunction....
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

You want to appeal conviction or the sentence?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I would like to remove this INJUNCTION first...
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

So you want to appeal the sentence, is that right?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My ex girlfriend have taken out an open ended injunction... i would like to get this INJUNCTION cancelled.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It is Ilegal to have an Injunction for 10 years.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Yes it is legal.

You want to appeal the sentence.

You have 28 days to do that from date of sentence.

This happened in January 2017.

As such you are 18 months out of time.

So you need to seek PERMISSION to appeal out of time.

You need to fill in some forms. The Court will then consider this and decide whether to give you permission.

If it was the Crown Court please see:

https://www.gov.uk/appeal-against-sentence-conviction/crown-court-verdict

If it was the Magistrates Court please see:

https://www.gov.uk/appeal-against-sentence-conviction

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Forget the conviction... i want to cancel the open ended INJUCTION my girlfriend took out...
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How can i go about cancelling the INJUNCTION ?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Because an Injuction for such a long period of time is unfair...
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Only the Court can do that.

You would need to Appeal.

It is a sentence, you disagree with the sentence.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm not talking about a sentence.... I was convicted because i breached an Injunction which my ex girlfriend took out... its like a restraining order... this restraining order does not have a expiry date. i want to apply to the court to cancel this restraining order.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i want to find out how much it will cost to get this restrainign order cancelled...
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Yes I realise that. You have been given a restraining order.

You can only appeal the imposition of that restraining order using the routes I have indicated above.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No.. i'm not clear as to how i can cancel this restraining order. Also, how it will cost me to go through this process?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

You will need to Appeal, depending on who gave the restraining order, depends which Court.

But it will either be Crown, or Court of Appeal criminal division.

Yes, if you lose, you would be liable for costs of the other side.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How much it will cost if your company help me to do this ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Sadly we are an online only service, so we cant act for you

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.