Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I run a business and I do aesthetic treatments dermal

Customer Question

Hi I run a business and I do aesthetic treatments dermal fillers , Botox and someone came to me and asked me to correct someone else's work so I did and it was greatly improved the next thing I know it's in all the news papers that the clients lips have burst so I ring my client and they say it's "not true" everything is fine the press have just ran a fake story on it but there are pictures of parts of my room in the paper that my clients know it's my room and believe the fake story to be true my business name hasn't been mentioned but it's still been damaging to me I haven't slept or eaten in days and the client is sharing it all over social media and not telling anyone the story is fake because they enjoy the attention I have the client on video saying it's fake news to me but it's still damaged me what can I do ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Have you discussed this with your client directly?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have they have sent me a video saying they are very happy with the treatment but they are still lying by sharing the fake new articles on there FB insta Snapchat for attention
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have they have sent me a video saying they are very happy with the treatment but they are still lying by sharing the fake new articles on there FB etc
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have they have sent me a video saying they are very happy with the treatment but they are still lying by sharing the fake new articles on there FB
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have they have sent me a video saying they are very happy with the treatment
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi im having problems replying
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

OK thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi I've just rebooted sorry im back hopefully
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience. There are various options available for taking this further all of which would be pursued in the civil courts and would generally seek compensation:

{C}· Defamation – if the comments of the person are untrue and tend to lower the subject’s reputation in the estimation of right-thinking members of society generally. However, such claims are rather complex and expensive and are not usually the best option

{C}· Malicious falsehood - if the comments contains untrue words that were published maliciously, so a situation where the person knew the contents were untrue and published them anyway

{C}· Negligent misstatement – simple negligence where the person has failed to do their homework and has included inaccurate facts without checking their validity first.

Of course, before you consider any formal legal action you should contact them to warn them about the actions and make it clear that unless they stop making false statements and/or remove the offending comments, you will be taking one of the above-mentioned courses of action.

You can do this yourself, or approach a solicitor to send that for you, although that is not a legal requirement.

Dos this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 days ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? Do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the response to your query? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks