PeterCollinsUK
PeterCollinsUK,
101823876

This is the question. What happens with colleting the

Customer Question

This is the first follow up question.What happens with colleting the landlord's deposit, supposed to be paid upfront and held by the estate agent which will be repaid to the tenants at the end of the tenancy period. Can the landlord hold such deposits instead according to law?
Expert:  PeterCollinsUK replied 2 months ago.

Hello, thanks for your question. If you have an AST, then the landlord (or letting agent on their behalf) is required by law to place the deposit in a tenancy deposit protection scheme.

Was there anything else I can assist with, please?

Also, if you can take a moment to accept my answers and rate 4 or 5 stars I will be credited for assisting you with your question by the site. I can keep answering follow up questions free of charge. Many thanks!