12826847

I recently purchased a vehicle from Cargiant Ltd and less

Customer Question

Hi, I recently purchased a vehicle from Cargiant Ltd and less than a week later I discovered that the vehicle has mechanical defects which they knew about. They asked me to get an estimate after inspecting the car. Now they just ignore my letters and emails about approving the estimate. What can I do?
Thanks,
Sean
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How old was it and how much did you pay?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The car is 2013 and I complained 6 days after purchasing it. Having covered 33 miles. I paid £11,200
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am good with on line chat
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, are you still there?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Ok. What is the fault?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The shock absorber on one side is bent, the steering column is damaged and the discs and brake pads need replacing. The reason I found this out was i contacted the previous owner about the service book and he wrote back telling me this after part exchaning the same car at Cargiant. I had the car inspected at another garage and the defects were confirmed in a report.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Jo, please let me know when you will provide some advice on this matter? As there are long gaps between out conversation.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am sorry but I believe you are busy on other calls. I have been waiting for 22 minutes just to hear back after you have asked a simple question, which I responded. I will be requesting a refund
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

I am indeed busy with other customers.

That is the nature of this site.

I cannot offer you a personal service.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Perhaps, in the future, you could make that clear at the outset. This is not acceptable
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

The site just simply does not offer a chat service.