How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am a British born citizen but now live in Thailand. I was

Customer Question

Hello James. I am a British born citizen but now live in Thailand. I was working for a UK company but my projects were usually in Asia. 2 years ago the company went into administration. There was a splinter company formed and I did and still do work for them as self employed. Because of the law in Thailand it was not a good idea to form a company there so I formed a company in Hong Kong. The splinter company asked me to continue working on projects in Asia and with that I had a group of Thai engineers trained to perform specialist installation tasks. The company want us to now do a specialist installation in the UK. Duration would only be 3/4 weeks. They have asked me to take my Thai team as they know they are trained in this field. The problem is getting a visa and which type. Do you think this project could be done using labour not employed by a UK company and not drawing funds from a UK company. A difficult one I know.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 6 months ago.
Hi James,I am a Solicitor and practice in the area of immigration and Commercial Law.Do you still require assistance with this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** James
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No because I am currently in France on a telephone registered in Thailand
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for the confusion.It stated James in the thread.I will opt out.
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 6 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I feel that they are unable to help and even got my name wrong. I do not want to continue this and would request my money back because this is going nowhere.