12826847

I am a customer of Media, recently they have chopped several

Customer Question

I am a customer of Virgin Media, recently they have chopped several of their stations and replaced them with alternatives which I do not want and have not agreed to. Is this legal and why are they allowed to do this.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Morden Park, SM4 4PX
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none, because complaining to Virgin is like hitting your head on a wall, and I do not know what I can do.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have no idea how to make complaints which will be dealt with. Virgin are notorious for their lack of customer care.
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

1. For the avoidance of doubt may clairfy that you have complained to VM on this occasion and they have refused to offer you any redress or do you just refer your experience with VM generally and therefore have decided not to complain this time?
  2. Are you seeking a discount or to cancel your agreement with VM as a consequence of the above?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is my experience that Virgin has an answer to everything, seldom to my advantage, some time ago they decided to add to a package and then to charge extra for it with NO notification to myself, I did eventually get them to reduce their charges, This time they have apparently had a ''hissy fit'' with a programme supplier and have refused to pay the increased that the company want to make. Thus Virgin has decided to remove parts of the package deal and insert others of THEIR choice giving no consultation to clients.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As a pensioner I am unable to afford your charges of £43. I understood that you would be able to deal with my concerns using the method I chose.
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 months ago.

Many thanks for your reply. Before we continue may I just clarify your last comment - is this in relation to an offer for a phone call at additional cost? There are charges to use this service which you will have agreed before you asked your question but you do not have to pay anything for optional services like phone calls you do not want. Would you like to continue chatting without the optional phone call?