Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I purchased a caravan on the 6th of july from a large

Customer Question

I purchased a caravan on the 6th of july from a large dealership and left it with them so that the van could be checked over and all faults rectifed by the 27th of July. With my wife we traveled ito Devon towing the van on setting it up I found things that were not working including the toilet, In fact there were so many faults that we had to vacate the van and return home with it as it was not livable in. I paid over £5000, for a caravan that was unfit for purpose how do i get my money back.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

When selling goods under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 they must be:

- as described

- fit for purpose

- of suitable quality

If they are not then you have 6 months to reject them

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.