How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12185
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

I emigrated to Australia in 1967 with my parents, but my

This answer was rated:

I emigrated to Australia in 1967 with my parents, but my father died in 1969 so we returned to England, am I eligible to live there without emigrating again
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None as yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I wish to retire there
Hi,What permission did you obtain when you emigrated?Were you provided with residence status?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was only 10 years old when we got assisted passage
Hi,Thank you for the clarification.You would be able to emigrate but you would need to apply again any meet the requirements that are in force at the date of your application.I would be extremely surprised if your previous status was still valid.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Many thanks
chatham-chamber and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you