chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I emigrated to Australia in 1967 with my parents, but my

Customer Question

I emigrated to Australia in 1967 with my parents, but my father died in 1969 so we returned to England, am I eligible to live there without emigrating again
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None as yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I wish to retire there
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 9 days ago.
Hi,What permission did you obtain when you emigrated?Were you provided with residence status?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was only 10 years old when we got assisted passage
Hi,Thank you for the clarification.You would be able to emigrate but you would need to apply again any meet the requirements that are in force at the date of your application.I would be extremely surprised if your previous status was still valid.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Many thanks